Friday 23 March 2018

Mia from Craftartista

This week's Blogger of the Week is another new-to-me blogger and another Greek multi-crafter.  Like Ariadne she does a wide variety of beautiful crafts as well as stitching.  There must be something in the Mediterranean air!  She is also very organised and there is a row of tabs across the top of her blog so you can find more of your favourite craft very easily.  She has linked to lots of posts in her interview so you can click through and find out more about each piece.  She loves to link up with other blogs so her blog is a great way to find related blogs for any craft you care to try.  Please welcome Mia from




1. Please introduce yourself – name, where you are from, family, pets etc.

Hi, Jo. Thank you for being invited for this interview. My name is Mia and I am from Greece.  I live in Athens.  I am married and my pet is a beautiful canary.  Oh, I love birds!


2. How long have you been stitching and how did you start?

I stitch since I was 5 years old.  Stitching is a great activity, as the time goes by quickly and in the meanwhile I make beautiful handmade creations.  My first embroidery was a little girl watering a daisy and my mother put it in a frame for my room decoration.


3. How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start?  Is there a story behind your blog title?

I am a new blogger.  I started in May of 2017.  I decided to start blogging to show my creations and get new friends throughout the globe.


4. How would you describe your stitching style? Are you a serial starter, a rotator, a OAAT (one at a time), highly organised, random and eclectic, etc.?

I am an advanced stitcher, but not an expert.  I love the magic of taking a needle and a piece of fabric and create a beautiful handmade image.  I stitch a lot but not all the time, as I like various crafts.  For example I love sewing and crochet, but I also love painting, decoupage, making jewelry, cosmetics and cards.  I am very organised with my stuff but I am very eclectic about the stitchery I choose, as I do with all my crafts.

Sewing: Clasp purse


Crochet: Crochet bird


Painting: Sea landscape


Decoupage: Almond blossoms






Cards: Be mine



5. Do you have a favourite designer or style of design you are drawn to?

I love designing my own embroideries. That’s why I often design using a pencil on a piece of fabric and then I start stitching. You may see what I mean here.





My favourite stitches are the cross-stitch, the satin stich, the back stitch and, of course the blanket stitch which I use often to many crafts, as I did in this mini notebook.




6. Which piece are you most proud of in your collection?

I am proud of a big tablecloth I stitched when I was 15.  It is so pretty.  I stitched many flowers of different colours and it decorates my dining room almost all the time!


7. What has been your worst stitching disaster?

I remember the first time that I tried to stitch a card with blanket stitch.  It was so hard to make a beautiful blanket stitch as there are no holes in the paper and I could not understand the right distance between my stitches.


8. Which new technique would you like to try, either stitching, finishing or another craft?

I would love to try embossing.  It is a technique of giving a card a 3D effect. I haven’t tried it yet, but definitely I will.  Also, I would love to be better in patchwork and quilting, as still I am in an intermediate level.


9. Do you have a box of finished-but-not-fully-finished pieces? Or is everything FFO'd? What's your favourite way to fully finish a project and what do you do with them?

Of course I have a box of finished-but-not-fully finished pieces.  Most of them are cross-stitched table runners or tableclothes that I want to add a crochet lace.  Others are crochet pendants that I want to add a string and make necklaces.  Some are cross-stitched pillows that I need to add a zipper.  I fully finish my pieces during the weekend or on holiday, as many times it is difficult to do it on the working days.  When my projects are ready, I use them to decorate my home, or I give them as presents to my mother, sister or friends.  Sometimes I give my embroideries to charities, as well.


10. Which of your projects most represents "you"?

My stitched or crochet bags and wallets, my crochet earrings, my button rings and the stitched pockets on my jeans!


11. Tell us a secret about yourself. Or a joke. About anything!

I always think positive and I believe that we deserve to live in a better world. Let’s hope that this “joke”, or maybe “dream” will come true.


12. Anything you would like to add?

Just a huge thank you Jo, for giving me the chance to be the Blogger of the Week.




51 comments:

  1. Hi Mia, it’s nice to meet you. I love the variety of crafts you do. The seaside painting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to meet you and learn about you. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mia! I enjoyed reading about you and all the wonderful crafts you do. I will come over and join your blog. Welcome to the blogging world. May I invite you to visit my friend Mary and I at stitchingfriendsforever2 blog.

    So glad Jo gave us a chance to meet you. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to meet you Mia! I love your crochet, so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to meet you Mia, You certainly partake in a wide variety of crafts! I just signed up for your emails so I don't miss a post. Hope you come and visit us, Mary-the other half of Stichingfriendsforever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Nice to meet you, too.

      Delete
  6. A HUGE THANK YOU, JO, for giving me the chance to be the Blogger of the Week and meet new friends. Hugs and kisses, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to get to know more about you, Mia. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for all of you here and for your talent. Especially regards to Mia, who is an excellent artist.
    My best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post, Mia!! I enjoyed getting to know more about you :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mia!Nice seeing you again!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you again, Ariadne. Kisses, my friend.

      Delete
  11. Μπράβο Μια μου.
    Κανείς πολλά κι ωραία πράγματα, αλλά δεν λες ότι δουλεύεις και σπουδάζεις συγχρόνως .
    Αυτό τα κάνει όλα πιο σπουδαία.
    Καλή συνέχεια και φιλάκια πολλά

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστώ, Ρένα μου. Πολλά φιλιά, φίλη μου.

      Delete
  12. Hi, Mia! Nice seeing you here! :)
    You must know now: I like your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to meet you Mia! Lovely creations:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Mia, lovely to read more about you and your crafts. Love your seaside painting and the decoupage!
    I’m off to read more about your embroidery designing.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to meet you Mia, and to see all your wonderful creations

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's lovely meeting you Mia - and thank you for sharing your lovely creations. I love your painting! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy to meet you Mia! You have many beautiful creations that you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mia, so great to learn more about you. For quite a while I have been admiring all the wonderful cards that you show on your blog. And as I can see you are a multi-crafter with lots of talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, my friend.

      Delete
  19. Great answers. Thanks for sharing. You do beautiful work indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Katie. Kisses, my friend.

      Delete
  20. Thank you for a great interview. I have enjoyed looking at your creations on your blog for the last few months and you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, Mia, nice to meet you~ It's nice to see other multi-crafters in the world. :D I admire your ability to draw on fabric and then stitch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words, my friend.

      Delete
  22. Lovely to 'meet' you Mia. You are so talented with all your different crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, Mary.

      Delete
  23. Lovely to meet you, Mia. Wow! So many wonderful crafts - you are very talented and creative. Thanks for sharing more of yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice to meet you Mia, beautiful painting you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mia, nice to meet you! Jo wasn't joking, that is a wide array of crafts you practice. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Leonore.

      Delete
  26. Hello Mia: So happy to meet you.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.